Wellness Wednesday Recipes - February 2017
Sexy Yet Comfy Gluten Free Pasta
By Tammy LeBoss | thefitprofoodie.com
This meal is sophisticated without the fuss.
Give it a try. You’ll love it!
What you’ll need:
- About 1 lb. of mixed seafood- prawns, scallops, mussels or fish of your choice. I recommend Costco’s mixed seafood bag for about $30.
- Fresh garlic-minced (as much as you like)
- Onions or shallots-onions are more available and less expensive
- Fresh tomatoes
- Chicken or Veggie Stock
- Gluten Free Pasta (linguine or tagliatelle style)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dried chili flakes (optional)
Nutrition tip: Try using coconut oil :)
- In large pan, sautee garlic and onion in medium/low heat with coconut oil. Cook down for 5-10 minutes until onions have softened and flavors are rendered. Add tomatoes and 2 cups of broth. Place another 2 cups to the side to add in the end. Add fresh-squeezed lemon juice to broth, for added POP!
- In a separate pot, cook Gluten Free pasta. While pasta is cooking, add remaining 2 cups broth, pinch of salt and pepper to your taste. Gently fold in cleaned seafood mixture. If you’re adding white fish such as cod, careful to add this last to avoid over-cooking. Be sure to reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, covered.
- Place a pat of butter, fresh cut parsley, parmesan cheese, chili flakes
Recipe by Tammy@thefitprofoodie.com